Saturday, June 4, 2011

the dog who blogs: my birthday party!

miley mae douglass 
i am 1/2 italian greyhound &
1/2 wiener dog, so i am fast.
i have the bestest family
and the bestest friends.
every once in a while, momma
lets me give this blogging thing
a whirl!


 

this week i had a birthday!
the way i see it, you only turn four once.
so i made the most of it and partied like a rock star by throwing a big birthday bash at the local dog bar.
all my favorite peeps showed up.
...and i'm pretty sure we set a new record attendance at the dog bar.
peeps and pooches were everywhere.

these are some of my dog friends that came.       
                                                                          my ol' bud bacon.
                                                             an old co-worker of mine, tigger.
my neighbor and fence friend marley
my beauty shop buddy, sadie.
my bar buddy, skeeter.
and a random bar fly named buddy.

poor cousin duke couldn't catch a flight back to kansas, so he promises that when i come to visit him
in maine this summer, we will party it up on the new boat!
turns out one of my gifts was a new life jacket!

no party would be complete without a birthday cake.
hopefully you can't see me drooling.
since i was four, i ate it in four bites!
i am smart like that.
 i made sure i licked the plate clean.
next i got to open presents.
who doesn't love presents that smell like beef?
 why do humans think it is so funny to plop a bow on your head?
not cool!
check out my stash...
momma made me sit down and write thank you cards for all my stuff.
i hope they can read my writing...she wouldn't let my type it.

i think everyone had a good time...i know i did!

PIG EARS!!!  'nough said!

all the humans got sugar cookies...
i couldn't figure out why nobody would share.

thanks to all my friends for celebrating with me...
silly jojo...
 are you sure your smiling sophie?
 i was happy marley brought all her family.
bacon's mom and dad, keith & doris.
my friend todd, who totally needs to get a dog.
my good friend kathy...(sorry it's blurry, momma's still learning on that camera of hers)
my girls...allyssa, katie and kelby. (crys was hiding out)
tiggers family, mark & cindy.
skeeters mom kela...what happened to larry?
susie...i wished she still lived in the hood!
sadie, brad and maggie...sadie, we need to get together soon!

by the end of the night, i was one tuckered out pup.
it's a good thing i'm not working anymore..i can sleep the whole rest of the week.

....after of course i have a few dog biscuits and a couple pig ears.

later tators!

MILEY

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Miley sorry we missed your party but the gift is on its way! :) love,

    grammy and grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Happy Birthday Miley, you're a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!!