Saturday, February 26, 2011

last week.

since it's been awhile since my last post i thought i would catch you up on what i've been doing all week.

we celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary by attending a valentines dance.
it was a fundraiser for the heart 2 heart child advocacy center in our town.
craig's job puts him in direct contact with lots of children that NEED this center.
it's always a good time with great music, food & dancing.
we also spent the day watching the daytona 500, because yes, WE LIKE NASCAR!

i hit up the local thrift store for their 1/2 off sale.
 scored a cute vintage apron for 10 cents and a $5 dresser that i plan on re-purposing.
i also stocked up on some clothing to make more ruffled pillows.
i made this one last night when craig got called out to a robbery. (sorry taco tico)

my kitchen needed some new fabulous looking drink ware.
my nephew was selling them to raise money for his ball team.
i wasn't home when he came by, so craig picked some out.  ...hence the sports theme.

the weather has been nice one day and crappy the next ALL WEEK.
translation: the groundhog is bi-polar.
on the nice days i did some spray painting.
i stayed away from the train cars and overpasses and just sprayed some old trays for a later project.
i used my 18 bags of leaves we still have for a table.

i also did a little painting indoors for some craft projects.
i love how this one came out.
i did it using my beloved silhouette machine.
i also made this one for my surrogate teenager for valentines day.
she can never find anything with her name on it because of the extra N at the end.
...which is my fault since i suggested it to her family when they were naming her :)
she's 15 and just started her first official job this week at braums. (ice-cream & burger joint)
we went shopping for uniform shirts and non-slip shoes...
some shoe designer needs to help cute'n those styles up for sure!
we ended up buying another pair of cute shoes for her, to counter act the ugly ones.
and i got a matching pair :)
we also shopped at hobby lobby & michaels for some craft supplies.
we ended the evening eating at genghis grill...MY FAV!!!!


of course there was real work last week too.
a few cuts and colors.  (not nearly as fun as shopping, dancing, & crafting)
i did one color with a flashlight since the power decided to go out multiple times one day.

all i know is i am ready for some nice (say 75 degrees?) consistent weather. 
no more snow, no more freezing drizzle, no more winter!
BRING ON SOME
pretty please??

6 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your signs - mmmm might have to hire you to do some personal things for me! I love seeing what you come up with. I think I have an idea already for you - regarding the verse we had at our wedding. I still need to know how to change that font - maybe I need to check out your cutting thing for the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Do more, AMY! That pillow is awesome and the black and white sign...uhmazing! When are you starting your Etsy store? Soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black & white sign ... wait, now how did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love the signs! So creative

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you have been BUSY! It all looks so great!

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!!